I’M BACK! Oh and Happy New Year! You know when you think you’re going to get into the blogging rhythm over the Summer but then you decide to disappear off the face of the Internet earth for at least half a year? Yes? No? Well that’s exactly what I done. No blogging or Twitter for this girl, things have been rather quiet on that side of the web. I wouldn’t call it a full on social media break though, more like “semi” as I’ve still been active on my personal Instagram and Facebook for a good old nosey (same old same). Anyway, let’s not have me rattling on too much, I’m simply on to let any of you who care enough know that I’m back, and this time for the long term.
I’ve actually missed A Daily Dose of Holly but each time I tried to reignite the passion, the imaginary lighter failed me, I just wasn’t feeling it and there’s nothing worse than forcing something that just isn’t there, am I right? After a weird and wonderful year of taking on whatever life threw at me, I wanted nothing more than to enjoy life offline and focus on someone who deserved so much more attention than she was getting, myself. I’ll happily admit that my blog name is a little bit hypocritical, as it never really is a ‘daily‘ dose of my life, and never has been, but hey I hope you’ll forgive me. What’s been going on since I last published a post then? You must be curious to know (you’re probably not but I’ll tell you anyway).
- I’ve started driving lessons and shock horror, I actually really enjoy being behind the wheel of a car and cannot wait until I pass my test so I can be let loose on the roads.
- I’ve also realised that I no longer want a Fiat 500, I never thought I’d get over that phase but I have, I’m not sure whether I’ve been put off by the stereotypes that type of car has or I’ve purely just grown out of it.
- I’ve been on a number of trips since my last post, Dubai again, and ticking off two new places on my bucketlist…Prague and Berlin. I’m currently going through a “let’s just book it” stage in my life where the meme “you won’t have the holiday blues if you book another holiday” completely relates to me on a whole other level. Speaking of which, Amsterdam next month!
- I’ve learned that confidence really is key and that the better you become, the better you attract. Does that make sense?
- Your girl went a whole lot lighter in the hair department and got a good old chop. Change doesn’t always have to be associated with negativity, new look, new me, and all that jazz.
The next couple of months will be me playing a game of catchup ensuring I post all of what I’ve been up to during my time away from the blog so please bare with me. It’s so wonderful to be back, I can’t wait to continue posting about my latest foodie adventures, globe-trotting, and whatever other nonsense I get up to in my 23rd year of life. Thanks for sticking around and here’s to 2019!