My Travel Bucketlist

My Travel Bucketlist

I’m currently sprawled across my bed, happy at the fact I’m all tucked away from the freezing temperatures outside, yet still trying to build up some sort of body heat despite the heating being on full. There’s no in between. Instead of getting on with the pile of uni work that has my name written all over it, I’m instead reminiscing of better times in the Summer when temperatures were more bearable, and I was constantly on the go.

I love going places, I love the countdown before going away somewhere, eagerly picking out all your holiday clothes, and in my case packing for 2 weeks when I’m only going for 1. I’ll never not love that feeling, the early rise for the airport, stepping on the plane with no hesitation about leaving home behind, and instead stepping out in the likes of Spain, Rome, or Greece which soon becomes my little haven away from reality. Going on holiday is all I’ve ever known since I was a tiny tot, and ever since I can remember I’ve had the travel bug. The older I’m getting, the more I’m wanting to see places, so I thought I’d do a travel bucketlist, something that maybe in a few years I can look back on to see whether I’ve ticked off a few more of my desired places to visit.

Well here they are:

Amsterdam – Poland – Berlin – Croatia – Prague – Australia – Canada – New York – California – Iceland – The Maldives – Mexico – Thailand – Dubai – Venice – Ireland – Venice – Santorini – Australia – Bali – Sri Lanka.

As you can see it’s quite a list, there’s probably places I’ve totally forgotten about, or places I’ve not yet come across but will stumble upon one day, but for now that’s my list of dream destinations I would love to visit. There’s something different about each place mentioned, whether it’s the food, the iconic attractions, or the people, so when I can afford to I’ll be sure to travel far and wide and immerse myself in each of the cultures of these wonderful places.

Get sharing

13 Comments

1. November 10, 2016 / 12:05 pm

I feel the same, I love travelling so much!! And I went to Iceland for a week last year, it was absolutely stunning, you’ll never regret going. I feel like my parents don’t really like the ‘getting there’ part with the early rise etc. but I love it, like you – it’s just all part of the excitement! 🙂

• November 10, 2016 / 6:02 pm

Wow, Iceland looks incredible. If I ever go I really want to do a Northern Lights Tour. It is, it’s all part of the build up to getting there, and makes you appreciate it more when you arrive in all these beautiful places!! 🙂

2. November 10, 2016 / 3:27 pm

I have such wanderlust being a college student. I put a lot of money into savings hoping I can put it to good use traveling around.

• November 10, 2016 / 6:01 pm

That’s the same with me, once I graduate from uni next year I really want to save up so I can see more of the world!

• November 10, 2016 / 9:15 pm

I graduate in the Spring and I’m trying to convince my family to go on a vacation. For me though I want to see more of the US first and then travel outside the world after that.

• November 10, 2016 / 9:40 pm

I would love to go to the US, it’s my dream. Definitely one day! I’ve never been outside of Europe.

3. November 15, 2016 / 8:12 pm

I love that you want to visit Poland! It’s such a beautiful country and where I was born ☺️ which cities are you thinking of going to? Wrocław is so, so lovely around Christmas time with its huge market and cosy restaurants and bars. I would definitely recommend it! You’ve inspired me to make a travel bucket list now so thank you for sharing this post! x

• November 15, 2016 / 10:47 pm

Definitely Krakow and Warsaw! I bet they’re so so beautiful around Christmas time, so Wintery. Hopefully one day I can visit there. Awww I’m glad I’ve inspired you, I’ll look forward to reading it x

4. November 28, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Iceland looks like an incredible place to visit! You’ve got a great list here. On my blog I’ve done similar posts under the name Big World, Little Me, check it out 🙂

• November 28, 2016 / 4:37 pm

Thank you so much, I’m sure the list will continue growing over the years. I’ll check it out 🙂